|Type of course||Participants||Hours/day||Hours/week|
|Standard group course||4-10
|Intensive group course||4-10
|Conversation group course||min.4-max.8||2||10|
6 lessons+2 hours of cultural activities
|Language & Cooking||min. 5||4 italian language + cooking course||20 Italian language + 20 cooking course|
|A Sea of Culture – Cagliari in Sardinia||–||4||20|
|A Sea of Culture – Orbetello in Tuscany||–||4||20|
|Language and Culture 50+||1-10||4 lessons +1 cultural activities||20 lessons+5 cultural activities|
|Language and Design||min.4-max.10||–||20 language lessons + 12 design
lessons 40 language lessons + 20 rendering lessons
60 language lessons + 30 lessons in fashion-plates
|Wine week||min. 3 – max. 14||standard course + 1 activity for wine week||standard course + 5 activity for wine week|
|Language and Art in Umbria (from A2 level)||1||2 lessons of art history + 2 group lessons + 1 excursion||10 lessons of art history + 10 group lessons + 5 excursions|
|Special courses (one to one and groups)||individual
|Course in Italian sign language||min.4–max.16||–||4|
|Teacher training for Italian||min.4–max.12||4||20|
THE COURSES ARE BASED ON THE LEVELS OF THE CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
– BEGINNERS COURSE (A1):For absolute beginners. Beginners conversation, daily communication situations, grammar structures and basic vocabulary.
– ELEMENTARY COURSE (A2): For beginners with basic notions. Consolidation of basic knowledge.
– INTERMEDIATE COURSE 1 (B1): Conversation on general subjects, simple readings, more advanced grammar.
– INTERMEDIATE COURSE 2 (B2): Real life communication situations, prose and newspaper readings, more advanced grammar.
– PRE-ADVANCED COURSE (C1): For students with good levels of linguistic competence. Advanced grammar, conversation, various readings, civilisation.
– ADVANCED COURSE (C2): Advanced course in syntaxis, stylistics, and idiomatic expressions, story-telling and discussions regarding current affairs, textual analysis.
- Lessons are from Monday to Friday.
- Standard group courses are held in the morning. However, for reasons of organisation, the lessons may be held in the afternoon.
- Each lesson last 50 minutes.
- On national holidays the school is closed and the lessons will not be made up or reimbursed.
- At the end of the course a certificate of attendance will be awarded, stating the level attained.
STANDARD AND INTENSIVE GROUP COURSE
- If only 1-2 students are enrolled in a group course at a certain level, the lessons of a standard group course will be changed to 2 lessons per day, an intensive course will be changed to 3 lessons a day.
- If there are only 3 students enrolled in a group course at a given level the number of lessons in a standard or intensive course will be reduced by one lesson a day.
TAILOR MADE ONE TO ONE COURSES
The number of individual lessons and the programme are agreed according to the requirements of the student.
COURSES FOR ORGANISED GROUPS
Upon request we can organise courses for groups (schools, organised groups etc.), any time during the year. The period, the number of lessons and the programme will be agreed according to the requirements of the participants.